The Academy Governors are as follows:
- Mr Michael George (Chair)
Mr Richard Tice
Mr Barry Evans
- Mrs Claire Spencer (Safeguarding Governor)
- Ms Clare Farley (Parent Governor)
If you would like to contact the Academy Governors, please do so via Cathy Barrett.
Northampton Academy is a part of United Learning whose Trustees hold the ultimate responsibility for the governance of each United Learning school.
The Department for Education’s governance handbook identifies the essentials of effective governance as follows:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
United Learning’s Trustees delegate certain key roles and responsibilities to the school’s Local Governing Body (LGB) and these are set out clearly in Appendix 4 to the United Learning LGB Members Handbook, which can be seen on the United Learning website.