Northampton Academy Curriculum
Our curriculum is underpinned by the ‘Framework for Excellence’ that is at the heart of everything we do at United Learning. It sets out the five key principles that we believe are vital to an excellent education for children any young people. Our aim at Northampton Academy is to provide a curriculum that gives the students an excellent education both in and out of the classroom. The five key principles are:
- Ambition – the best from everyone. At the heart of the curriculum intent.
- Powerful Knowledge – Knowledge underpins the implementation of our curriculum. We expect all teachers to teach difficult concepts well, using Rosenshine Principles as a common structure.
- Education with Character – It is essential that we are making opportunities for our students to develop their character as they become young adults.
- Leadership in every role – We always strive to give all of our pupils structured leadership opportunities.
- Continuous improvement – We are rigorous in evaluating impact. We stop or change things that require improving and we improve things which are.
Please click on the the Curriculum and Curriculum Intent documents below to view or download: