Welcome to the Duke of Edinburgh's (DofE) Award Scheme at Northampton Academy
Please use the links below for further information and to access the resources available to you. Northampton Academy has been accredited as a DofE Directly Licenced Centre since 1st August 2015.
What is the DofE Award Scheme?
- The DofE is a well-known and prestigious national award certified by HRH Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh.
- The Duke of Edinburgh's Award aims to provide an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding programme of personal development for young people which is of the highest quality and widest reach.
You achieve an award by completing a personal programme of activities in four sections:
- Volunteering: undertaking service to individuals or the community.
- Physical: improving an area of sport, dance or fitness activities.
- Skills: developing practical and social skills and personal interests.
- Expedition: planning, training for and completion of an adventurous journey in the UK or abroad.
- At Gold level, you must do an additional Residential section, which involves working and staying away from home doing a shared activity.
Further information is available on the Duke of Edinburgh's Award website.
See below for virtual presentations and useful downloads: