Northampton Academy celebrated World Book Day in style again this year.
At the start of each lesson, students took part in a 'Read-a-long' in which they heard and read the openings to 5 different books throughout the day:
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury published in 1954.
- 1984 by George Orwell published in 1949
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins published in 2008
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll published in 1865
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown published in 2000
The idea behind this to inspire the students to want to find out what happens next and visit the school library to borrow and read the rest of the books.
In addition, students also read their books during DEAR time, and free books and book tokens were given out at lunchtime.
As always, staff dressed up as their favourite book characters, we had Mary Poppins, Sherlock Holmes, Bellatrix Lestrange and Hermione Granger to name but a few!