The Academy Day
New times of the school day from January 2017
| Arrive Before
| Period 1
| Period 2
| Period 3
| Period 4
| Period 5
| Period 6
All students must remain on the Academy site at lunchtime. Food is available from one of our four food outlets, where a variety of hot/cold meals/snacks are served. Alternatively students may bring a packed lunch. Packed lunches should be eaten in the main hall or in the courtyard area.
No student should leave the site and if they do so, the staff cannot accept responsibility for them.
Movement around the Academy building
- Students are expected to follow regulations of the Keep Left System at all times, except during a fire alarm.
- Coats may not be worn inside school buildings except at the end of the school day.
- Hoodies and other sports tops or cardigans are not allowed at any time. Students must enter the site through the Student Entrance only. Students must exit the site by side gate between A and H blocks.
- Students must maintain the Academy Uniform rules as they leave the site.
- Students must walk sensibly around the Academy
- Eating and Drinking is never allowed outside of the canteen area
It is vital we work to teach our students the value of attending the Academy at 8.40am each day.
We reward students who attend punctually. During the summer half term we will be recognising students who have good or significantly improved attendance.
All students must be in school before the main gate closes at 8.40am. After this time students are marked as late.
Our teachers are working more closely in lessons with all students to make clear the message that attending punctually will mean higher levels of attainment.
Late arrival will result in a same day break time detention. Failure to attend this detention will result in a 30 minute detention at the end of the school day. Parents’/carers’ will be informed if a student receives and end of day detention.
Arriving just 5 minutes late every day equals 3 days of education over the whole year. Arriving half an hour late every day is equivalent to 18 days absence. No employer would tolerate this.