Parent and Carer Area
Unravelling the wealth of careers information aimed at young people can be daunting. We aim to help you to support your child by sharing up to date and trusted publications, providing a variety of paths your child to explore. Should you have any specific enquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact Ms Coles, Careers and Enterprise Manager by emailing: email@example.com
Apprenticeships - Please research Apprenticeships :-
- Amazing Apprenticeships - this website has the latest apprenticeship support and guidance, please click on link below for this month's Parent and Carer's pack.
- Apprenticeships - research live and up-to-date information on apprenticeships in your area on the Goverment website.
- Look at all the resources available in the Careers Information downloads for Parents and Carers below on this page in the Apprenticeship Resources folder.
T-Levels - A new career-focused alternative to 'A' Levels, for further information about T-Levels for students and parent click link to download guide.
Personal statement resources
(suitable for parents of sixth formers)
For students still hoping to apply to university for the 2021/2022 academic year it would be great if they gave some thought over the summer holidays about the sorts of things that they might want to include in their personal statement – ideally returning to school with a completed first draft.
To help parents guide their children on how to think about personal statements, we’ve created a range of helpful tools:
· The Parents’ Guide to Personal statements - 2021 edition
· A mind map to guide through personal statement content
· The Dos and Don’ts of writing a personal statement
Careers advice for parents who want to help their child understand and explore their next education, training and career steps
The LMI for All is an online data portal, which provides high quality, reliable labour market information (LMI) with the aim of informing careers decisions
This is particularly helpful for students who are selecting their Options in Year 9.
Parents / Carers Guide to :-