Home learning at Northampton Academy is set on a platform known satchel:one.
1. Quality of Home Learning
At Northampton Academy, we expect all homework set to be purposeful and of high quality. Knowledge Organisers (KS3) and revision guides (KS4 & 5) will be used as part of much of our homework, so that we can provide students with topics that their parents/carers can help test them on – thus, building their knowledge base outside of lessons to free up more time in lessons for higher order thinking tasks.
2. Frequency of Home Learning
Key Stage 3
- Core subjects (maths, English and science): weekly
- All other subjects: fortnightly
Key Stage 4
- Core and option subjects: weekly
Key Stage 5
- An expected minimum of 2 hours per week per element of the discipline being taught at that time
3. Setting and Collecting Home Learning
Homework should be set:
- During the lesson, with adequate time to fully explain the task;
- On satchel:one with submission recorded, and effort usually graded on this website too (unless an online test has been set with the % already shown);
- Usually allowing at least a week to be completed;
What do the homework ratings mean?
When home learning is collected:
- It should be reiewed by the teacher for effort, even when in conjunction with peer or self-assessment for quality;
- If it inolves written responses, these should be clearly labelled as homework in students’ books.
Please click here to view our Home Learning Policy >>>