Prefect Applications Now Open!
We are seeking to appoint 20 Year 10 Prefects. Please read the information below and, if you are interested, complete the application form over the page. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to interview by phone or video call.
Benefits of being a Prefect
The role of Prefect provides the opportunity to develop skills and carry out responsibilities on behalf of the Academy that help you grow in confidence and leadership skills. Being able to state on your CV and at interview that you have been a prefect can give you an advantage when applying for colleges, universities and jobs.
Some specific benefits here at Northampton Academy:
• Purple tie
• Front of all food queues
• Prefect roles representing the academy
• Include on CV and will go in your reference
• End of year formal dinner with SLT
Role and Responsibilities of a Prefect
Prefects are role models. They must be exemplary in terms of behaviour and conduct. Prefects are proud to be students at Northampton Academy and epitomise our core values of Respect, Determination and Ambition.
Some specific responsibilities for Prefects at Northampton Academy include:
• Parents evenings and School open evenings
• Lunchtime or Break Time Duty (1 per week)
• Being part of interview panels
• Peer mentoring – Compulsory
• Tour guides for visitors of the school
• Student Voice regular meetings – Compulsory
Qualities and Attributes Required of a Prefect
- Uniform is exemplary
- Excellent role model
- Show respect for peers and staff
- Work well in a team
- Work hard in lessons
- Excellent behaviour record
- Good time management skills
- Can be assertive
- Sense of humour
- Self-confidence to take decisions
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Have integrity
- Resilient: excellent attendance record